Berkshire Photonics Provides a Wealth of Industry Solutions
Our experience and expertise enables us to help our clients excel in a wide range of industries:
We offer a variety of optical fiber solutions for industrial communications, including:
- POF to multimode glass optical fiber with wavelengths from 650 nm to 850 nm
- Specific applications including SERCOS, Device Net, Control Net, Profibus and
- Optical fiber links for RS-232, RS-485
- General purpose media converters and proprietary data links
We also facilitate laser power delivery applications, including:
- Semiconductor processing, laser welding and material processing
- Industrial illumination accomplished by using either POF or H-PCF or fibers to collect or send light
- Industrial fiber optic sensor incorporating single core or multi-core POF
We provide fiber optic services for an array of applications in the medical market, including:
- Illumination, diagnostic, therapeutic, and data communication
- Medical illumination accomplished by using either POF of H-PCF to transmit visible light
- Diagnostic applications by either multi-core image-guide POF or silica image-guide fiber bundles.
- In addition, medical sensors can use POF, H-PCF or Silica/Silica fibers to send and receive optical signals.
- Opthalmic, Urological, Dental and a variety of medical therapeutic applications can use H-PCF and silica / silica fibers for laser power delivery and photodynamic therapies.
Berkshire Photonics provides unique solutions to accomodate a broad range of communication applications:
- POF, H-PCF, Multimode and singlemode fiber optic solutions cover almost any specialty communication application
- POF and H-PCF solutions for 650 nm devices cover the range from simple 1-meter POF jumpers to sophisticated multimode graded index H-PCF for IEEE-1394 S200 speed applications
- 650 nm applications are supported including many of the most common industrial standards
- High-speed multicore POF and available custom cable designs allow for single sourcing of fiber, cable and components
- Telecom Interconnect
- Our Pure Ether, Pure Access and Z-fiber products support specialty multimode and singlemode applications.
- Specialty coatings and custom cabling allow for a wide range of applications.
Berkshire Photonics offers several fiber optic sensing component solutions, including:
- Step index POF, H-PCF and MK series Silica / Silica optical fibers
- Extremely bend-insensitive multi-core POF that can be used in situations requiring extremely tight bending
- Distributed temperature sensing applications – In addition to component fiber and bundles, we also offer the Op-thermo system complete Distributed Temperature-Sensing (“DTS”) system for complex temperature profile monitoring applications.
Berkshire Photonics supports a variety of transportation applications with custom
and standard solutions.
- Harsh automotive environmental fiber optic applications are augmented by POF and H-PCF product offerings
- Standard protocol-specific fibers are available for in-flight entertainment applications and inter-frame aircraft communication applications
- Inter-car and intra-car train communications can be accomplished by using either POF or H-PCF in custom cable configurations
- Ground facilities monitoring can be maintained by standard H-PCF or multimode fibers with customer configured cabling designs
- In addition to communication links, the Sumitomo Op-thermo system provides fire protection monitoring in both aboveground and belowground tunnel applications
Berkshire Photonics offers several solutions for demanding fiber optic military applications.
- Bend-insensitive singlemode communications for satellite and other high-performance applications with our specialty singlemode products
- Our Z-fiber is particularly suited to radiation resistant applications
- H-PCF is valuable because of its inherent strength and radiation resistance
- Custom coating, cabling and termination options complete the solutions for military applications”“