FTR3000X – Distributed Temperature Sensing System
The FTR3000X is the highest performing temperature-sensing module in the OPThermo Line. It is suitable for long distance continuous temperature monitoring, with 4 different model options to fit your specifications (measuring 5km, 10km, 15km, and 30km). The FTR3000X offers service in many beneficial applications including detecting fires in advance, using fast identification of abnormal rises in temperature, and locating abnormal hot spots within large/long facilities with high spatial resolution. The FTR3000X is also a more durable and cost effective alternative to conventional sensors as optical sensors have a longer lifespan than conventional metallic sensors. Also available are the FTR3000X-5 and the FTR3000X-10 DTS systems.
- System configuration is simpler compared to other temperature sensors
- Simply laying one optical fiber a temperature profile can be measured at 1m intervals up to lengths of 30km
- Easy installation
- Initial costs and maintenance costs are low compared to conventional temperature sensors
- Easy and early detection of abnormal rises in temperatures in your facility
- Sensor has a life of >30 years (under normal temperature conditions)
- Can be used in explosive environments, strong electromagnetic fields, and in waterlogged environments
- Data processing is made easy because information is sent directly to a computer through various methods including onscreen display, alarm signal transmission, and network connectivity
|Max. Measuring Length||5km, 10km, 15km, or 30km|
|Sampling Resolution (selectable)||0.25m||0.5m||1m|
|Temperature Resolution||<1 ºC|
|Measuring TIme (selectable)||10sec. – 15hours|
|Spatial Resolution||1.2m @10km|
Berkshire Photonics sells and supports the OPThermo line of Distributed Temperature Sensing systems from J-Power Systems. OPThermo DTS systems allow users to receive temperature measurements by using an optical light pulse that is injected at one end of the optical fiber and is subjected to scattering due to temperature gradients as it travels along the fiber. The Raman scattered light is then reflected to the photo detector. Since the speed of pulse propagation in the fiber is constant, the location where the scattering occurs can be determined by measuring the time between the pulse injection and the detection of the Raman scattering. The OPThermo line converts Raman Scattering information into temperature data, which is then accessible directly on the user’s computer. The included software allows users access to temperature display and recording data, display of temperature trends, alarm settings, statistical analysis, Excel format conversion, communication of measurement data, and self-diagnosis assistance.
Interested in this product? Please contact us via email or telephone (860-868-0412). We will happily provide you with a quote, in addition to answering any questions or concerns you may have.